In events and hospitality, knowledge is power. The best way to learn the ropes, or sharpen your skillset set to learn from the experts that have been there before. Thankfully these thought leaders are quick to share their tips and tricks on how to get ahead in the world of events and hospitality.
These 50, follow-worthy social media influencers are highly engaged, limitless resources that are quick to share helpful content to help you succeed and grow your business. P.S. If you don’t like reading check out our video with an abbreviated list of influencers on YouTube.
Meetings & Events
- @tojulius Julian Solaris, Editor of The Event Manager Blog, always has the low-down on attendance-worthy events and the newest event technology.
- @TahiraCreates Tahira Endean tweets about the intersection of experiential, immersive meeting design and technology. She’s a stellar resource for the latest event tech news, and also shares her take on industry conferences. If you’re active on the event and hospitality conference circuit, you might bump into her. Send her a tweet to say hello, and let her know that we sent you.
- @meetingsnet If you’re looking for thought-provoking articles and news related to all things meetings and events, look no further than MeetingsNet’s Twitter.
- @BizBash For the meeting and event planner who is never satisfied with the status quo, there is BizBash. Their Twitter account is a treasure trove of innovative and unconventional ideas for anyone in catering, planning, or experiential marketing.
- @socialtables Planners are some of the busiest people on earth. That’s why the Social Tables Twitter account serves up tweets to help you stay ahead of the competition, in 140 characters or less.
- @NickBorelli Nick Borelli is the leading event marketing and social media expert in the game. He currently heads up Borelli Strategies, where he shares advice with event planners and is a contributing writer to Event Manager Blog
- @denschaal If you’re looking for the latest travel news to hit the Twittersphere, look no further than Skift News Editor Dennis Schaal’s Twitter account.
- @ItsWillCurran Will Curran is the founder and CEO of Endless Entertainment, a leading event production company nation-wide. Follow Will to get his take on what’s happening with A/V, event marketing, Social Media, and technology.
- @DahliaElGazzar Dahlia is an event technology evangelist, speaker and educator. She’s all about
#proTECHtivity + #apps that can untether you from your desktop. Follow along to learn how tech can help you become more efficient.
- @lizkingevents Liz King is a New York-based #eventprof veteran and planning SUPERHERO. Follow Liz for the latest updates from her blog, and events podcast, Techsy Talk.
- @IssaJouaneh As the SVP and General Manager of American Express Meetings and Events, know that Issa Jouaneh shares a wealth of knowledge when it comes to planning global events.
- @EventsUncovered Hailing from Milan, Italy and now in London, Events Uncovered is managed by Silvia Pellegrini. Events Uncovered is an innovative space for event experts to meet, discuss, learn and share their knowledge of the event industry.
- @JudiHoller A prolific public speaker and event emcee, Judi Holler offers a wealth of productivity, public speaking, and personal branding tips.
- @SuccessfulMtgs Successful Meetings helps you do just that: host successful meetings. Their account doles out resources for meeting managers and buyers who are independent, corporate, or in an association.
- @Penthouselord London-based Jason Allan Scott, self-proclaimed event expert, entrepreneur, and mentor, has a Twitter account that is sure to have something for anyone who is involved in the meetings or events industry.
- @1aura1opez Luara Lopez is the Senior Community Manager at Social Tables. She tweets about the latest event tech trends, tips and tricks for #eventprofs, and, shares her favorite craft beers. All in 140 characters or less.
- @meetingsmeanbiz Meetings Mean Business advocates for the value of meetings, conference, conventions, travel and exhibitions through a daily dose of content.
- @mpi Meeting Professionals International’s Twitter account reports on industry resources like webinars, blogs, and events geared towards meeting professionals.
- @davidadler CEO and Founder of Bizbash, David has led the company to become the largest media property in the events industry with nearly 1.5 million user sessions each year.
- @JeffHurt CEO of Velvet Chainsaw Consulting, Jeff’s focus is on rescuing and improving annual meetings and conferences.
- @TSNN_Rachel Rachel Wimberly is editor-in-chief of the Trade Show News Network, TSNN.com, the No. 1 online trade show industry news source in the United States.
- @RealSteveKembe The event industry’s king of self-promotion, also known as “America’s Sassiest Lifestyle Guru,” is one of the industry’s most visible, vocal and unique personalities.
- @KatePatay CBO for Creative Linens and self-proclaimed #EventProfs enthusiast
- @OFDConsulting OFD Consulting provides experience-based wedding marketing and wedding PR consulting services to businesses in the wedding industry. Megan Ely manages the firm, frequently posts content relevant to event and wedding marketers.
- @_ConnectCorp Connect Corporate is a magazine, community, and conference for corporate #EventProfs, meetings, and incentives.
- @CAbernathy Carrie Abernathy is the president of the Association for Women in Events, an events industry speaker and thought leader, and is dedicated to bringing people in the events community together.
- @SMEChristy Christy Lamanga is an entrepreneur, speaker, coach, and president of Strategic Meetings and Events.
- @SashaSouza Sasha Souza is an industry influencer, an international event planner and most know as the author of the Signatur Sasha series of books.
- @MarcyBlum Mary is a self-described eventiste, a designer of festivities, blogger and unapologetic lover of parties.
- @KristenBanta Kristin Banta won 2014, ’15 & ’16 Event Planner of the Year Awards & 2016 Best Private Event Winner Award. She’s a world-renowned Event & Wedding Planner and TV personality in ‘The Wedding Party’ on Bravo TV.
- @JosiahMackenzie ReviewPro’s Josiah Mackenzie lends nuggets of wisdom on his Twitter on how the travel and hospitality industry can improve the guest experience.
- @GlobalBTA The Global Business Travel Association is one of the largest authorities on travel who share re-tweet worthy, thought-provoking content on business travel and hospitality.
- @MeetingsFocus Meetings Focus are the destination experts when it comes to all things related to the meetings and hospitality industry.
- @HNN_Sean Sean McCracken writes for Hotel News Now. Sean typically discusses national and global trends impacting hotels and what they’re doing to adapt.
- @DanBerger Social Tables’ CEO Dan Berger has a follow-worthy Twitter for those that are looking to learn more about his favorite pieces of event technology, get a peek into the Social Tables’ office, or stay up to date on the biggest trends affecting the meetings and events industry.
- @sean_oneill Sean Oneill is the editor-in-chief of @tnooz where he and his team report on travel and technology.
- @Venue_Finder Ciara Feely is a hotel meeting and event space sales expert. She’s the author of Steps To WIN In the Meetings Market, a book for Hotels & Venues on how to close more high-value deals.
- @ChipConley Chip Conley is a serial hospitality entrepreneur with years of experience disrupting the industry. Today he’s a top strategist at Airbnb and public speaker.
- @amexgbt American Express Global Business Travel is a must-follow for anyone looking for the latest on travel management-focused content.
- @gregoates For witticisms on all things travel, business events, and tourism development, you’ll want to follow Skift editor Greg Oates.
- @PwC_LLP Consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers may seem like an odd addition to this list but their Twitter can inform hospitality professionals on topics that strike a global chord like innovation, data management, and strategy.
- @forrester Research firm Forrester lends helpful tips to business and technology leaders to help them develop their customer-centric strategies to drive growth.
- @SamShank Sam Shank is the founder and CEO of HotelTonight. Follow Sam to get his daily take on the hospitality industry, and see why he thinks its ripe for disruption.
- @Hotel Editor Jeff Weinstein is the Chief Editor of Hotels Magazine. Follow Jeff top stories from Hotels Magazine every day.
- @Niki_Leondakis Niki is the CEO of Two Roads Hospitality, Hotels & Resorts. Niki is an expert in understanding hotel customers and accommodating the needs across any demographic.
- @Mark Hoplamazian President & CEO of Hyatt Hotels, you may have heard of them. He’s the best resources (and frequent tweeter) for anyone who want’s to learn directly from a top hotel executive.
- @hospitality_law Hospitality Lawyer has you covered with the latest legal updates and how they pertain to the travel and hospitality industries.
- @AnthonyHotels Host of Hotel Impossible and Five Star Secrets, Anthony loves to tweet hilarious travel pictures and practical lessons guests should follow during their stays.
- @wendyperrin Expect honest, helpful advice from Wendy, TripAdvisor’s first-ever Travel Advocate. She generally tweets about travel in general, including insights into best hotels and hotel practices.
- @wanderlust13 Veronica Stoddart served as travel editor-in-chief for USA Today and now tweets about the travel industry as a whole, including the latest in hotel studies and news and anything that impacts the guest experience.
Following the right accounts on Twitter is all about curating news you can use. If you’re looking for tips to stay ahead of the hospitality curve, take it straight from the thought leaders themselves. By following their Twitter accounts you’ll learn about best practices and discover content resources that are sure to drive your business’s growth. Also, in case you want to dive deeper into the events and hospitality conversation, be sure to start tracking these top 20 hashtags.
Did we miss an influencer off the list? Tweet it to us @socialtables!
Laura Lopez is the Marketing Content Strategist at the Washington, D.C.-based event planning software company, Social Tables. In her role, she puts the “social” in Social Tables through facilitating face to face and digital interactions between their growing, global customer base of over 4,000 strong. She is passionate about bringing together like-minded communities that share a common goal to make each other successful through on and offline engagement.